Terms and Conditions1. RENTAL TERM: Check-in is 4pm. Check-out is 10:00 a.m. The property may be available for early
check-in and/or late check-out for an additional fee. All late Check-outs are subject to a fee at the
discretion of the property owner. Early departure refunds are not allowed.
2. OCCUPANCY LIMIT: Occupancy may not exceed what is posted for each home. Maximum occupancy
includes infants and children. Any party falsely representing the number of people in the home, or
exceeding the maximum may be subject to immediate eviction without refund. There will be no
weddings or events which produce larger crowds than maximum capacity regardless of the length of
time they are anticipated to occupy the property. These activities are subject to eviction.
3. PARKING LIMIT: Parking on the street is restricted. See specific parking instructions for individual
4. CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT: Check-in is at 4:00 pm on the day of arrival and Check-out is 10:00 am. on the
day of departure. Requests for early check-in or late check-outs will only be granted with the approval of
the management for a fee. Unauthorized extended stay fees will be charged $150.00.
5. RENTAL PAYMENTS & FEES: 50% of total payment is due at the time of booking. The balance is due
30 days prior to stay. Nightly Rental Rate, Tax, Security Deposit, Cleaning Fee, Linen Fee, Damage Protection Fee, Trip Interruption Insurance (optional), Early/Late Check-in or Check-out Fee (optional).
6. CANCELLATION: Agent will issue a full refund on reservations cancelled 60+ days prior to rental start date. For reservations cancelled between 30 and 60 days prior to rental start date, Lake Agent will retain the 50% deposit and cancel future payments. No refund will be issued for reservations cancelled within 30 days of rental start date. No refunds available for bookings made within 48 hours of the reservation start date. NOTE: Trip interruption insurance may provide coverage for losses incurred by Tenant in the event of a cancellation.
7. DAMAGE REPAIR & MISSING ITEMS: A Damage Protection Fee is required for all reservations. Lake
Gaston Vacation Rentals will charge $69.00 for unintentional damage up to $1,500.00, including any fines imposed on Manager by the City, County, State or Homeowner Association as the result of violation of any law, ordinance, rule or regulation or any fines or cost levied against Tenant or visitors of Tenant (“Excess Damage Costs”), to the Rental Property and its contents. Tenant will be notified of any Excess Damage Costs in writing. Tenant, by signing below the Damage Protection Agreement, assumes full responsibility for any items found to be missing and any damage due to misuse, negligence or action on Tenant's or Tenant’s visitors part, except in the case of normal wear-and tear reported to Manager within 24 hours of Check-in. Tenant agrees to report all damages or missing items to Manager within 24 hours of the incident.
8. LIABILITY & DAMAGE: Tenant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold Manager harmless from any and
all liability, claims, loss, property damage or expenses, arising by reason of any injury, death or damage sustained by any person, or to the property of any person, in or on the Property during the Term of this Agreement, including Tenant, additional invitees or visitors of Tenant, where such injury, death or damage is caused by a negligent or intentional act of Tenant, additional tenant or any of Tenant’s visitors or invitees.
9. CASUALTY OR DESTRUCTION: (a) Should the Property be destroyed or rendered uninhabitable by an
Act of God (including, but not limited to, hurricanes, storms, floods or fires), or by environmental disaster, or loss of utilities prior to occupancy by Tenant, this Agreement shall become null and void, and all payments made hereunder shall be refunded to Tenant. (b) Should the Property be destroyed or rendered uninhabitable as above during occupancy, reimbursement on a pro-rated basis will be negotiated between Tenant and Manager based on the following: No refund is due (or will be made) for inclement weather. It is recommended that Travel or vacation Insurance is be obtained by Tenant. Tenant and parties listed above must comply with any mandatory evacuation order.
10. CLEANING: The property will be inspected and cleaned after departure. The cleaning fee does not
include laundry service for the towels and linens. Linen fee is a separate charge. Tenant is required to
leave the property in the same general condition that it was received in by making sure that the dishes
are washed and put away, and the house is generally picked up and ready to be vacuumed, dusted and
laundered. Any trash left on the premises will result in a charge.
11. REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE: Repair and maintenance problems must be brought to Manager's attention within 24 hours of occupancy or occurrence, or Tenant will be held liable for all such damages or repairs. Appliance malfunctions or service requests will be responded to as quickly as possible. There will be no rebates or refunds issued to Tenant for any reason as every good faith effort is made to insure the property is maintained to highest standards. Manager will not be responsible for any unauthorized expenses incurred by Tenant or his/her tenants. Costs of needless or unauthorized service will be charged as Excess Damage Cost.
12. ALL RENTALS ARE TO FAMILIES & RESPONSIBLE ADULTS ONLY: Tenant must be at least 25 years of age at time of reservation. No high school, college or civic groups, chaperoned or not, are permitted. Violation is grounds for immediate eviction. Tenant acknowledges that they will personally occupy the property for the entire term and will not sublet any portion of property. Tenant agrees that the property shall not be used for any illegal or unlawful purpose. Tenant acknowledges that there will be no possession or use of any illegal controlled substances, firearms, or hazardous items on the property grounds. Tenant agrees that no parties, weddings or family reunions will be held at the property. Activities participated in by Tenant: Tenant acknowledges and is fully aware that WATERSPORTS and boat related operations can be dangerous. Injury can be caused by careless acts. The undersigned Tenant and their visitors accepts and assumes all risks involved in or related to the use of a boat, as well as with any other activities participated in while on the premises, including but not limited to: all boating activities (sailing, kayaking, canoeing and the like), fishing, biking, hiking and various lawn games, etc.
13. PETS: Pets are not allowed in or on the Property. Evidence of pets will result in a charge.
14. SMOKING: Smoking is strictly forbidden on the Property. Evidence of smoking will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of all amounts paid. Any evidence of smoking will result in a charge.
15. NOISE ORDINANCE(s): The Property may be located in a neighborhood that has a "noise ordinance" in effect after dark. All Tenants agree to respect the Noise Ordinance and to use common sense in keeping noise volume low after dark. Any police enforcement actions by the City, County or Home/Condominium Association are at the sole risk and expense of the registered Tenant and may result in Excess Damage Cost and/or immediate eviction and forfeiture of all amounts paid.
16. ACCESS TO PROPERTY FOR SHOWING: If Property is placed on the market for sale, Tenant agrees to allow the Property to be shown to prospective buyer(s) upon reasonable notice to Tenant. Property may be shown to prospective future tenants in the same manner and upon such notice.
17. CAUSE OF EVICTION: The Tenant and all parties with the Tenant will be subject to immediate eviction from the Property if the Tenant or parties of the Tenant violate any terms of this Agreement, including but not limited to, violation of the occupancy limits, pet provision, smoking, noise ordinance or parking.
18. ATTORNEY’S FEES & COSTS: If Manager employs the services of an attorney to enforce any conditions of this Agreement, to collect any amounts due, the eviction of the Tenant, or because Tenant takes any action to recover deposits not due, Tenant shall be liable to Manager for reasonable attorney's fees and costs incurred by Manager.
19. SHORT-TERM RENTAL: It is expressly understood and agreed that this is a short-term vacation rental and is not a lease or other long-term residential tenancy agreement. This Agreement is only for the licensed use of the Property for the stated Term. It creates no property rights in Tenant and no rights to renewal or for recurring usage. This Agreement is also neither a Time-Share sale or a Plan of Time-Share Development, nor a Vacation club.
20. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS: Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of Reservation Deposit and Final Balance, if paid, and such party will not be permitted to check in and/or will be subject to immediate eviction with the forfeiture of all amounts paid.
21. SUCCESSION/ASSIGNMENT: This Agreement is binding on, and the benefits inure to, the heirs and personal representatives of the parties. This Agreement or any rights hereunder, may not be assigned (in whole or in part) by Tenant.
General Terms: This Agreement is made in, and shall be governed solely by the laws of, the State of Virginia and/or North Carolina Statutes. If any section, clause, paragraph or term of this Agreement is held or determined to be void, invalid or unenforceable, for any reason, all other terms, clauses or paragraphs herein shall be severed and remain in force and effect. This Agreement is taken in full compliance with federal, state and local Fair Housing Laws, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, country of origin, handicap or familial status. Tenant is to be mindful that this Property is located in a residential neighborhood. Tenant is expected to be courteous to residents and other tenants, to be respectful of the rights of others, and to peacefully enjoy the property so as not to be a disturbance to others.